Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Writing N Not Sleeping

26 hours awake .. not my idea, just couldn't fall asleep last night. Had to take 1/2 a pill the night before to doze off, but was wide awake by 2:30am. Not Fun! Stress? Who knows? I just know I would like to be able to sleep like I did when I was 'young' .. when I went to sleep and died for 9 - 10 hours!
Nearly finished Ruby Slipper Designs' "Outside The Lines" on 40ct silk gauze ... the colors are absolutely wild (maybe that's what is keeping me awake??) and this one has been so much fun to work on! I can't wait until it's through so I can see how I want to frame it up.
Having 2 days off for the 4th Holiday was phenomenal!! Dave cut down trees (they're dying all over the place!!!) and I declared war on the two HUGE cedar bushes in the very front of the house. It was very Zen-like work actually; feeling the sun on my shoulders, slight breeze in the air rustling through the trees , the sounds of the birds. But I think I destroyed whatever zen karma I may have been creating by Hacking Madly With My Shears While Muttering Softly To Myself. Took me 2 days to get them cut down, cut in, shaped (not so well) and what-have-you, using small clippers, a pole saw, hedge shears and arm power. You can tell they've been 'hacked', but they actually look oh so much better! I so rarely ever have 2 days in a row with nothing to do so that I CAN accomplish something (and yes, I ignored mom over the holiday weekend .. I'll see her tomorrow)!

3 comments:

Princess said...

Deb Scissorhands comes to mind for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I just love all of your gauze stitching, Deb! Hope you can get some rest :)

Brenda Lou said...

I can so sympathize on the no sleeping issue. That's me most nights!