Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm Gonna Go To A Concert!!!

     Carole King and James Taylor are coming to the Palace Of Auburn Hills for their one-night only "Troubadour Reunion" concert ... Thursday May 27.
 
  I have been pondering this for the past week (ish) ever since I heard the announcment.  Now I don't know WHY I had to ponder it as  (1) Carole King is my all time most favorite ever in the whole entire world singer;  (2) I've seen her in concert 3 times;  (3) I own ever single album, cassette, or cd she's ever released;  (4) I know just about all of her songs word for word and tune for tune (I'm not yet quite a stalker); (5) James Taylor is my most favorite male singer even though I've never had the opportunity to see him 'live' (Simon & Garfunkle rate as best duo, and of course, the Beatles reign supreme as my most favorite group!).
  
  So Saturday, once I got the computers back up and running here at the shop, I went into Ticketmaster to see about tickets.  Of course, all the 'really great' ones were gone, but .. tickets WERE still available!  I thought about calling home to ask Dave if he was interested, but then thought no .. he'll have to ponder that question and if he wants to or not for the next several weeks .. at the shortest.  Grabbed my trusty, unfortunately not so dusty, MasterCard and hit PURCHASE TICKETS!  ta da .... two tickets purchased ... done!
    Then I left for home ... told Dave what I'd done and asked if he'd go with me, and stood there with my arm around his waist ... for the longest time ... while he pondered. (told ya so!) Then he asked me, how long would the concert be from when we got there till when we left. I should have known! Dave won't go any place where he'll be forced to go 2 hours (and one minute) without smoking a cigarette. deep sigh


So there I was with two tickets for the concert ... and no one to go with.
   :(

WAIT!   I'll check with some friends first to see if one of them would like to attend the concert with me ... I'll 'gift' that extra ticket out!  Then I realized, that if someone was going to go with me, even if it was for free, certain requirements would have to be met first .. as that person would be sitting right NEXT to me:
(1) They would be attending AND realizing that I am now like a small child counting the days down till Christmas morning and am absolutely beside myself awaiting this event.
(2) I will probably spontaniously break out into song (although softly) even though I've never been asked to record anything using my own voice.
(3) I will be excited. See #1
(4)  And if riding together, they would have to listen to me talk all about the concert we'd just seen all the way home .. in all that concert traffic.

    Kathy, with a very LOUD e-mailed  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! agreed to all conditions and even said she has a 'lighter app' on her phone so we can show JT and Carole just how much we love them at the end of the show!
    I saw where Amazon has the Toubador cd available for purchase of today and .... decided to wait.  I want to be surprised first at the concert, then I'll purchase it so I can hear it over and over and over again!
Whooo Hooooooo

4 comments:

Gina said...

OMG, Deb, I have seen JT in concert and it was one of the BEST I've ever seen (second only to Dan Fogelberg). I know you'll love it! Green with Envy!!!!

The Cat Bastet said...

That will be a great concert! If Kathy changes her mind, let me know. I'd even pay for the ticket!

Anonymous said...

Deb, going to alot of concerts, we have discovered that the cheaper seats are usually the best. You can usually see the stage. Sitting on the floor, you always get the big fluffy man in front of you and you can't see around or over him. ENJOY

Donna said...

Hope you have a great time. The last time I went to a concert it was Aaron Carter and my daughter was 7 years old. Wow time flys. Have a great weekend
donna