Monday, April 6, 2009

Stitching N Things


April Fools on the 1st? I don't think so! Today HAS To Be April Fool's Day!!!!


Views from my back and side yard .. and through the windshield on the drive into the shop this morning! Went to bed after taking Nick out for his nightly 'pee walk' wearing a heavy shawl .. woke up to 6" on the ground and still falling!!!
And .. HOW can they tell you that you are under a WINTER Storm Warning when it's officially SPRING?????
So very wrong!

I did want to share a couple of finishes with you ... I really 'should' have taken this one OFF the wall of the shop to photograph it rather than stand on a stool and shoot up, but ... !
At right is My Big Toe Designs' "Quaker Harmony". The frame is a deep green, almost marbled look with a dark gold brushed outer edge.

And here at left is Moonflower Designs' "I Stitch" prior to being framed. I'm going with a Pearl frame from Eastside Moulding .. it has the brown with a greenish tinge to it and also picks up the rusty peach colors in the design. That frame will be ordered today.
Well, I 'should' be working since I 'am' at the shop right now (even though the shop is not yet open) ... going to be cutting the fabric for Blackbird Design's Loose Feathers .. their first in their new stitching accessories series. As soon as the fibers arrive on Wednesday, we can get the full auto out of here! LouAnn is ringing through the 'chart only' autos right now as I type (slave driver that I am!).
Going to run over to Crestmont and see mom for a few minutes today too .. I didn't get over there yesterday (bad daughter that I am!).
Later!!!!

















3 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow that is alot of snow for Spring! Although we are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches tomorrow!Love your latest finishes too! Have a safe drive home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Just read the Stitches N Things newsletter and I just wanted to let you know I am keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know how you do it all...the shop, your mom, stitching, your hubby and the furbabies...no wonder you're sick! Keep up the good work. 8-). Hope you and your mom get better soon!

Linda

Myrna said...

Love the new Blackbird Design Chart. I had forgotten I had asked to be put on auto for them, so it was a great surprise in the mail!

Hope everyone there is doing better...